Growth Mindset Challenge
Today we did a "Growth Mindset Challenge" where kids were put into groups and they had to recreate the paper design that was put in front of them. The only rules were that they could not touch the paper , they could use a 'rough draft' paper and then they had a final paper to use to imitate. They could only use a pencil and a pair of scissors.
As I walked around the room I heard things being said like...
"This can't work" "I don't get it" "No don't do that, do this"
Then as they problem solved together in their groups I started to hear things like...
"Why don't we try..." "I think I get it, but I'm not sure" "What if we practiced it here..."
Finally, one group figured it out! They got their practice paper to work, then couldn't figure out how to make their final paper work when they made the same cuts. It may have happened by accident, but when they picked it up to try something else, it fell into place! Once I showed them the trick on how it worked they determined it looked pretty easy and wanted to try again!
No comments:
Post a Comment