Monday, September 26, 2016

Gummy Bear Lab


Yet another investigation with Gummies! 
This time we were testing the effect of four different solutions on Gummy Bears.  We used water, vinegar, salt water, and water with baking soda.  Students followed the steps of the Scientific Method to ask a question, research, hypothesize what would happen, follow through with the experiment, analyze the data, and write a conclusion.
  We are currently working on typing up a lab report with all the information!



Were you surprised with your results? 
Comment below at let us know!





















free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

10 comments:

  1. I loved getting to do our first experiment today! It was so fun and exciting to figure out what would happen to the gummy bears. My gummy bear was put in the baking soda solution, what happen to it was that it stayed it shape but got way bigger then the original size. I hope we do another experiment like that again. It was super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not sure how many post I posted yeterday. I actually just counted and its about 4 plus the other one is 5 but you can give me three tickets. I loved today hope its like next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the gummy bear LAB ! I learned that different solusions change the gummy bears in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very surprised with my results! In my hypothesis I didn't really know why it would change:} I said dI thought it smelled funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved starting to type the gummy bear lab thing. My gummy bear was put in the vinegar solution. My hypothesis was that my gummy would sink and shrink! I was half correct! I hope we get to do another experiment with gummies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised that my gummy bear mostly dissolved in the Baking Soda solution.But I still had a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was vinegar. My results didn't really surprise me a lot. I wrote in my science notebook that my gummy bear was going to disintegrate but then I changed it to become transparent. What I did know is that the acid in the vinegar would take out at least something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had water and I was not that shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had baking soda and it surprised me that baking soda in water had almost the same results as just water but salt water didn't

    ReplyDelete