Thursday, September 15, 2016

Math Workshop


Chapter 1: Place Value

We had our first few days of Math Workshop.  It is off to a great start!  The routine takes a little while to get used to, but it seems like you have been enjoying it.  Mrs. Wiles-Stasko's class (pictured below) was able to go through two rotations on Wednesday and finish the next two on Thursday.  After we got through all four rotations, we came back together as a whole to discuss the next lesson. We were quickly able to transition into the centers again and go through two more rotations.  You followed directions and made the most of our time in class.  I was very impressed. I am looking forward to more productive days of workshop!  :)

 
M
Math Facts Center
 We played Multiplication/Division Bingo to practice math fact fluency.  


 A
At Your Seat Center
 We worked together on 'extra practice' problems to show what you learned. 



T
Teacher Time Center
 We previewed the next lesson in a small group. 
(The whiteboard is taking my place as 'teacher' while I take pictures)


H
Hands-On Center
 We played a game where each group member had to read clues to solve for the 'Mystery Number'.



  
Comment below and share your favorite center!



free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

22 comments:

  1. I was able to log into Think Central and it looked like it was giving me the option of "Things to Do". Also, I love doing the Math Workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Math Workshop! I love all of the activities, so I'll just say my top two. 1. Bingo 2. Mystery Number!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI again mrs. Cummings! Do you think you could do a post with some pics of baby logan?;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I'd love to post pictures of baby Logan, he doesn't have much to do with Math Workshop :) Maybe I'll find a relevant topic to include him in at some point!

      Delete
    2. i Would love that too!

      Delete
  4. I liked at your seat because I could think about the problem on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite Math Workshop center was Math Facts. I liked how some of them were challenging. I also liked Bingo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite workshop was hands on because, i liked the activities and i am excited for this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. My two favorite centers are at desk work and bingo. I love helping people with math

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the teacher center because it gave me a chance to work altogether with classmates and my teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite center was the Hands On center because my group had to be cooperative and I love mystery numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my favorite center is math facts. i won bingo twice. it's also really fun to compete with classmates with math facts😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite center is the Hands on center because we get to work together to find out number mystery numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite center was math facts bingo.Even though I dident win it was still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say, my favorite center was math facts. Bingo was very intense in my group. Bingo wasn't timed so I didn't feel rushed and I do bad when I'm rushed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I figured out why I couldent sign into think sentral. I was ousing the wrong district.

    ReplyDelete
  15. MY favorite MATH work shop station was math bingo because its nice to learn my math facts way better than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoed the hands on even though my team was making it confusing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could tell we all were working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would have to say my favorite station was either teacher time, because of the step by step instructions, or the hands on center because of the math related games.

    ReplyDelete