Monday, October 3, 2016

News from Language Arts!

Global Read Aloud 
Hello!
This year, our class will be participating in a project called the Global Read Aloud.  This project will start October 3rd and will run for approximately 6 weeks.  The idea behind it is very simple; teachers around the world read the same book aloud to their students and then use technology to share the reading experience with these other classrooms.  It is a free project and it fits perfectly into the standards we have to cover.  

During the project, our class will be reading PAX and connecting with students around the world who are reading the same book.  We will use technology tools such as Edmodo to facilitate these connections and conversations.

We are very excited to connect with others, especially since more than 600,000 students are already signed up to participate.  This project will allow for our students to use technology tools in a meaningful way, as well as learn about other cultures, all while listening to a fantastic read aloud.  

If you would like more information about the Global Read Aloud, feel free to visit the website www.theglobalreadaloud.com or I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.  I look forward to starting this exciting project with your child, as well as seeing the connections we will make.

All my best,
Mrs. Wiles-Stasko

Learn more about foxes through the 
Multimedia Text Set link below.
PAX by Sara Pennypacker Multimedia Text Set
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

23 comments:

  1. YOUR FIRST POST!!!! CONGRATS!!!! Hi Mrs. Wiles! Congratulations on your first post. I went to the site and I loved all the videos about the foxes{especially the video about "What does The Fox Say"} the !!! I love your sparkly signature. Good luck with the rest of your blog marriage:}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I wish I could have a pet fox!!!! What do you think??? Would you like to have one???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Wiles. I am trying to find the fox website, but i am having trouble, what do i click or go to? CAN you Please help ME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you are joining the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi um I was not able to go on the link and I really wish I could :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs Wiles!!! The Story about Tammy and Todd is so sad but the it ends happily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you get to the fox site Morgan?thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you see the cute picture of the fox? Right above that, there is something that says" PAX by Sara Pennypacker Multimedia Text Set. You hover over that and it will turn green. then click on it and you should be there. Let me know how it works, Courtney!

      Delete
  8. I am very exited to continue reading Pax! It's pretty cool how so many other kids around the school and the world are reading the exact same book! This way everybody can share the Knowledge they gained by reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on your first post,Love the signature. I still couldn't get the link for some reason to watch the videos. Maybe when we have free time we can watch some of the videos?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Courtney, did it work????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Morgan,You are such a great Friend! I got to it in two seconds because of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great BLOG post Mrs.Wiles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the post Mrs. Wiles

    ReplyDelete
  14. By the way Morgan thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sorry i wasn't at school today, my throat was really soar. I was not sure what i missed but i did do math home work i forgot my social studies book, i thought i brought it? when i come back tomorrow and i feel well, please fill me in on what i missed.:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. sorry i wasn't at school today, my throat was really soar. I was not sure what i missed but i did do math home work i forgot my social studies book, i thought i brought it? when i come back tomorrow and i feel well, please fill me in on what i missed.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pax is a amazing book it is sad and heart touching I am so happy we could read it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi mrs. Wiles! I don't see the link for" I'm Just A Bill On Capitol Hill"....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoy reading Pax because it shows how much love there is between us and animals. It is such a good book!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hello sorry its a little late, i forgot the Reasoning like a Raven questions at school so is there any way to do it over the weekend?

    ReplyDelete