Thursday, October 20, 2016

Relating Word Problems to Your Life!

 Tonight's homework was to rewrite a word problem you solved in class and understood.  You had to rewrite it so it related to your life.   Here is what my original problem looked like.

I then rewrote the problem to relate to my own life using the same numbers, but different content.
Mrs. Cummings, Mrs. Wiles-Stasko, and Mrs. Sordillo have 243 glue sticks in all.  Mrs. Cummings give 16 glue sticks to Mrs. Wiles-Stasko and 24 glue sticks to Mrs. Sordillo.  Mrs. Cummings then has 3 times as many glue sticks as Mrs. Wiles-Stasko and Mrs. Wiles-Stasko has twice as many glue sticks as Mrs. Sordillo.  How many glue sticks did Mrs. Cummings have at first?




In class on Friday and Tuesday we will be using the "Explain Everything" app.  We will be able to create our own step-by-step videos to help solve a word problem.  Many of us found the videos I put on the previous post helpful, so I thought it would be fun for you to make your own.  
It will look something like this:
I hope you enjoy doing this on Friday and Tuesday!
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that I had to do comparesens bar models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked what we did in class for practice. I can't wait until I get to make and complete my final problem/video. The video will be so cool to know that I can teach others real-world word problems. And, also... I liked the way you ended your video. "Goodbye, Enjoy!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the explain everything app to explain my problem. I found it very interesting using the app!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I joined google classroom for math and uploaded the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I was not at school today I was sick but I am making my own math problems with explain everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved making on uploading the word problems they really helped me to see that math is not just in a classroom it is everywhere.

    ReplyDelete